http://www.rain-watersystems.com/

This site is backed by 26+ years experience and contains insider tricks for professionals and information for homeowners that can be found nowhere else. Visit my WEBSITE and " LIKE " us on Facebook to keep up on our products and activities.

My normal service range is from Santa Monica to San Diego but I have installed copper gutters and rainwater harvesting systems in California, Nevada, Utah, Hawaii and Rwanda.
I have a small but national customer base through my gutter products website @ www.abraingutters.com where I offer rare items such has handmade weather vanes and hand carved and custom family crests for gates cast in aluminum or bronze. Through my websites you can gain knowledge, order products, beautify your home or help grow your business.

Monday, August 5, 2024

An Old Soul

 Penny Kelsch Barlow was a mother and friend.

My family tree has more limbs than most, and Penny was a loved one.

I remember one of the first times I met her: it was at a 4th of July Carnival in probably about 1979 or 80 and and I was at a park in Utah with Penny and some of the other kids, and this is when I was first getting to know her so we didn't really know what to make of each other and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to call her mom, or what exactly the deal was.  A divorce makes lives complicated.

I recall being very nervous, because my mom and probably set the stage for it to be awkward. I have a lot of empathy for my mom now but at the time it was difficult.

I remember Penny telling me these words: " I want you to know that I'm your friend, not your boss or mom."

And, that's how it always was. 

Now I wasn't always with Penny but I honestly cannot remember her ever saying one cross word or negative thing about anybody.

She made it a point to visit us when she was in Southern California and now more than ever, I remember those times, and I'm really happy she came. 

While nobody normally wants to lose their life, those who knew Penny knows that she was looking forward to being with her one true love. 

My dad left too soon and when I heard that Penny was hurt bad, and that she was saying " Ed was going to help her get better", I knew in my heart that it was happening.  I believe he was there when she crossed over, watching and waiting for her. 

While she was not my mother, she was a Super Mom to her brood and had a hand in teaching a great many kids how to be good people. 

Her calm demeanor and kind spirit left an impression on me and many others.  Her children share her gentle nature. As the oldest of my dad's kids I got to know her longer than the rest, and I feel a real sense off loss. 


Everybody loved Penny Kelsch Barlow, and I proud to call her one of my Moms. 



No comments:

Post a Comment